Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This time I mean it

I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I can't take even more one day of it. All the whining and complaining, the feeling sorry and making up excuses. It's the same thing every day and of course it never changes because NO ONE MAKES IT CHANGE!
Well, baby get ready, because it's changing RIGHT NOW!

That's right. I'm done walking past the glass doors at work and noticing what has gradually worked over me. I'm done starting a program and giving up 2 weeks later. I'm done "taking a water break" after only 10 minutes of playing any sport or outside game. And I am most certainly done squeezing into those capri pants from High School until I can BUTTON THEM UP and BREATHE at the same time!

I bought the MP3 player ($20 at Overstock.com) and loaded it up with songs.
I bought the Hello Kitty digital watch with timer ($6 Target).
I found the training program (Google "couch to 5k")
And I set the goal: The Deseret Morning News Days of '47 5K run on July 24th.

I will train and I will run this race.

ARE YOU WITH ME?

6 comments:

Joel said...

Hey, do you guys want to come over to our place and watch some movies and eat hamburgers and ice cream with cheese fries?

Mike said...

Yes, but since we're cutting back we have to ask for low fat cheese on the fries, thanks.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I'm totally with you... next year :)

Becca Bell said...

Count me in for next year too!!! I think it would be really fun.

Julie and Eric said...

Alright! I will do it with you too! Don't leave me in the dust okay! Thank you for the inspiration to keep on going!

The Hubler Fam! said...

YOU GO guys! What a worthy goal, and I know you can do it!
I myself will be fat, happy, and 7 months pregnant while you are out there sweating your butts off in that 5K. You have my unwavering support!