Monday, February 11, 2008

V Day in D town

Saturday, Lunchtime:

M: So what are you going to do the rest of the day?
S: I don’t know, laundry I guess. Probably watch some t.v. You?
M: Homework.
S: Boy are we exciting.
M: Our life kinda seems stuck in a rut doesn't it?
S: You’re just too busy with school full time and work full time. I'm too bored with just work and then nothing to do afterwards. But we’re trying to save money, so we can’t really go do anything anyway.
M: Yeah, I guess we’ll just have to stay in this rut for awhile longer and just endure it.


Later that day:
(Shaina, out of pure boredom, is taking a nap on the couch)
M: Wake up I have to ask you something!
S: What?
M: Do you want to go to Denver?
S: When?
M: Next week!
S: Really?
M: Yep, I found a deal online and we can use my frequent flyer miles. We’d stay with Will and Sarah. So we’d hardly have to pay for a thing!
S: Ummm..
M: C’mon! Let’s do something spontaneous. Let’s break out of our rut!
S: I'm a planner. I never do anything spontaneously. Ever. ……..oh what the heck let’s book it!

So, it looks like we’re taking a spur-of-the moment weekend trip to Denver.
We’re unpredictable!
Living life on the edge!
Giving in to our wild inhibitions!
Watch Out - there’s no telling what we’re going to do next!

Wow, what a rush. I feel a little light headed.

6 comments:

Joel said...

You guys are crazy. You're crazy, guys. I like you. . .but you're crazy!

Becca Bell said...

Thanks so much for ruining my weekend plans with your spontaneity!! I hope Hannah poops all over you!!! I was going to make meat loaf! :~(

Sarah Burgoyne said...

We are very excited and counting the days to your arrival. Hannah goes to bed every night saying, "Mike and Shaina?" I have to tell her not until Friday. I just washed your sheets and I have big dinner plans for Friday night. I'm excited to cook something other then a turkey for you :) Oh, did I mention molasses cookies?

Sarah said...

Yay for you! I don't know if I can handle this much excitement!!!

Julie and Eric said...

Wow! That is so fun! Try to be more spontaneous (SP) before the kids come, and then you can't be spontaneous as often! Have a great trip!

Bethany said...

How was your trip?