Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What October Showers Bring

October was a busy month, with a lot of things happening. November is going to be just a lot of waiting. But at least I have time to post some pictures.

There's nothing to make a family feel loved than having 3 different baby showers thrown in their honor. People are the best!

The first was a family shower. The highlights included:

A totally awesome diaper cake by Aunt Becca:

Soon-to-be Grandma Groves getting a head start on the spoiling:

Handmade gifts by incredible friends:

And finally a depiction of what a combination of Mike's and Shaina's features will look like by the soon-to-be Aunts Elise and Carynn. For the child's sake, I hope they are very wrong.


The next party was thrown by my co-workers. They all chipped in to get a crib:

My favorite part of the party was the food: beef jerky, trail mix, and crystal light, trying to accommodate the high protein/low carb diet I'm supposed to be on.

Also, some friends in the neighborhood threw a little get together. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from that but it was great.
Again, my favorite part was the food, mostly because one of my friends owns The Chocolate (in Orem and West Jordan) so there were amazing pumpkin cookies and brownies, trying to accommodate my need to throw the diet out the window once in awhile.

Yea for showers! And especially for wonderful people who are a part of our life!

2 comments:

Wynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wynne said...

Yes, you certainly have some wonderful friends and family! Everything looks beautiful! Love the crib. One thing though....I don't see my picture on your fridge. Did I forget to send you one....? lol Everything sounded so delicious too! Made me hungry! :)
~~~Aunt Wynne