Saturday, December 27, 2008

My good Samaritan (times 6)

Over Christmas we spent a lot of time in Provo at my sister-in-law's house. Over Christmas it also snowed a lot. Becca (the sister-in-law) has a driveway that sort of dips down to the sidewalk and then climbs up again to the street.

One night while we were leaving the house my car got stuck in the snow at the dip down part. Luckily, a nice BYU student was hurrying to get in time for curfew and stopped to give me a push out. He was my first Good Samaritan.

A few days later, after another storm, I helped shovel the driveway and made extra sure the dip down part was all clear of ice and snow. But, when I left to run an errand, my car got stuck in the snow at the climb up part and it took 2 nice BYU students and a young couple (yep total of 4 people) to push me out. They were Good Samaritans 2 through 5.

That same day, when returning from my errand, I thought I would be smart and park on the street instead of the driveway. I stopped the car and *thunk* it sunk into the extra deep gutter that was impossible to see from the snow in the street. That's when Good Samaritan 6 showed up with a huge SUV and a tow rope. I was out of the gutter in no time, despite my embarrasment.

So this winter, if you are out and about and see someone who might be in need, stop and help them. Pay it forward on my behalf.

Meanwhile, I might have to start taking the bus, or maybe sled dogs, to get around in the snow.

2 comments:

Becca Bell said...

I hope this doesn't discourage you from visiting us!!

Joel said...

I thought you were the GOOD driver of the family. ;)