Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jingle Bells Batman Smells

I like Christmas songs, really I do. But as I was listening to some today, I couldn't help but think that a few of them could be updated, made a little more realistic maybe. Here's what I've got so far:

Baby it's cold outside - I really can't stay - but baby it's cold outside - I've gotta go away - fine, but for the last time, it's cold outside will you shut the door already?

and

Last Christmas I gave you a sweater, but the very next day, you gave it away (for store credit). So this year, to save me from tears, I'll give you a gift card - that's special (special).

and

Oh the weather outside is frightful! But the bills don't pay themselves. So off to work I must go! I hate driving in the snow! driving in the snow! driving in the snow!

And my personal favorite:

I got a hippopotamus butt for Christmas. And hippopotamus thighs too. I didn't work out, I only ate junk. I gotta hippopotamus butt for Christmas.

Ok I know they are still a little rough around the edges, but I sense some big hits.

Any other suggestions to add to the album?

2 comments:

The Hubler Fam! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel said...

This isn't a parody, but I've never really liked the song "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" because when kids hear it they think either 1. Their mom is being unfaithful or 2. They realize that Santa is their dad and it ruins Christmas.

Odd.