Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Top Crossword Champs Set a New Record


Mike and Shaina Burgoyne set a new time record in the Online Crossword Challenge this week. The couple started competing as a team less than a year ago, but have shown great potential in the crossword world. They realized that potential Monday night as they completed the "Pedal to the Medal" puzzle in a record time of 6 minutes and 54 seconds.

"I think teamwork is really what brought us this victory," Shaina said in a press conference after the win, "I was at the keyboard, but Mike was watching the clock."

The Burgoynes say it is has become a tradition of theirs to do a crossword puzzle challenge almost every night. "Some games you feel like you're guessing on every letter, and then there are the ones like this where everything just goes right" Mike commented. Mike and Shaina hope that this current time record is broken again before long, and challenge any one else to try to break it before they do.


Winning Crosword Puzzle with record breaking time

2 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Very Impressive, I'm just happy when I can help Will out at all. Crosswords aren't really my things, it's not that I don't like them it's that I suck at them :)

Becca Bell said...

I suck at them too, so don't feel bad Sarah. Word searches are more my thing. I am good at managing up and coming crossword teams if you're looking to hire one!!