Thursday, October 23, 2008

For the Strength of the Youth

I'd like to bare my testimony about the YM/YW organizations of the church and their activities.
I know with every the fiber of my being that they are so much cooler when you participate as a volunteer for the scavanger hunt and not because your mom made you.
And I know with all my heart that it totally rocks when they tell the volunteers that they can wear disguises if they want.

I also know without a shadow of a doubt, that they had no idea who they were talking to when they asked Mike and I to help out.

Our disguises:







The pictures don't capture the true awesomeness of our disguises, but really, they freakin' rocked! No one recognized us at all. At one point, Mike started getting up in one group's face and accusing them of "looking at his girl". Eventually a leader recognized him and started laughing, but before that I think one of the deacons wet himself.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

That is just plain awesome. I never would have guessed that you two could pull that kind of a look off, but I was definitely wrong.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I think I'm going to wet myself... Oh, I have tears in my eyes! I wish I could have been there :)

Becca Bell said...

Holy Crap!!! You guys look freakin' awesome!!!! I LOVE love LOVE it. Why couldn't the two of you do YM/YW activities when I was a teen? Then, I might have gone to them. By the way, who hooked you up with those sick piercings?

Kevin said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree that you guys look pretty awesome.

Scott and Carynn said...

I Love IT!! way to go on going all out!

Lizzy Lou said...

That's awesome!! By the way, it kinda throws you off when you see Mike standing in front of a picture of the Savior....

Joel said...

Oooooh, so THAT'S why Mike's scalp was dyed purple in the temple on Friday. . .

Kenny and Janelle said...

We don't know what to say.....:) We hope to be as cool as you some day.

Kenny and Janelle

The Nielsen's said...

Absolutely FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC! i love it!!! We did that a few years ago and it was a ball!!! You two look amazing!!!