Thursday, October 9, 2008

That was fun, now what?

Dear Mark and Paul,
Thank you for the opportunity to work at The Insight Group. I have learned a lot during my time here and have truly enjoyed the experience.
However, the time has come for me to move on. This letter is to formally announce my resignation from The Insight Group starting today. I understand that this creates an extra work load for the office staff. Therefore, I am willing to stay at the Insight Group until the 23rd of December, providing time for a replacement to be hired and trained. I hope this will help in the transition process.

Again, I am grateful for all that I have gained during my time with The Insight Group. Please let me know what I can do to make my final time here a productive experience.

Best Regards,

Shaina Burgoyne


This is the formal letter I wrote to say I was quitting my job at the end of the year. (I thought it was extra generous of me to give them this much of a notice). I ended up not using the letter, but just saying all of it face-to-face with my bosses.

For as many times as I had daydreamed of that moment, I'm proud of myself for how nice I acted when it actually happened.

Maybe I can still save the big "lashing out and telling them what I really think of the way they run their business" speech for my last day. That gives me a few more months to perfect it.


P.S. Anyone out there hiring?

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Yay for you! Sounds like you were very professional. Maybe your bosses will ask you what they can do better before you leave then you can tell them everything. (I had a boss that did that. Pretty cool.)

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Does this mean you can stay longer at Thanksgiving? :)

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Oh wait you're quiting at the end of the year... so next Thanksgiving?

Joel said...

Wow.

Way to go, Shaina!

You've inspired me to quit my job. . .someday. . .