Monday, August 25, 2008

You're a good man, Homer Simpson

In my office when someone has a birthday we all take an hour break and sit around eating cake and talking. Also in my office, there is one person who enjoys doing most of the talking. He happens to the be the boss too.

Today was someone's birthday. I ordered a lemon raspberry cake with cream cheese frosting. The boss told a 25 minute story about the remodel he's doing on his house.
This was my experience:

Boss story:




My train of thought:


Mmmm cream cheese frosting.

Seriously, that's exactly what was like.

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

sounds like its time to quit :) Although 25 min of listening to a mind numbing story might be worth lemon raspberry cake.

Lizzy Lou said...

Cake? Lucky!!! In our office whenever it's someones birthday, they get ganged up by the Doctors, taken to the Physical Therapy building, and thrown in the pool fully clothed...

Julie and Eric said...

You are so witty! I just love it! Yep, Homer Simpson is a good man. Have you ever heard my Bart Simpson impersonation?