Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Arrevederci

I had to renew my passport recently. It turns out they don't let you keep your previous passport anymore and you have to mail it back in order to get a new one.

So it's time to say goodbye.

Goodbye to one of the last remaining official documents that carried my maiden name. Goodbye to the most unflattering picture I've ever had taken. And most importantly goodbye to my stamps.



I'm going to need time to get over this. I think a cruise to Cabo and Mazatalan this summer oughta do the trick.



4 comments:

princessvelma said...

Kevin actually renewed his last year and they mailed the old one back- with a hole through the corner so it's no longer valid. He was excited because it's his mission passport. Just FYI- you might want to ask!

Arica

Becca Bell said...

I'd love to see the picture!! You should have put it on the post too.

Wynne said...

Shaina-I've renewed my passport several times and each time they send the old one back with the new one. Never fear-you shall have your stamps and your name forever! My favorite stamp was from Aruba, it had a pic of a little grass hut. And my passport photos could outscream yours hands down!

Kenny and Janelle said...

I doubt you have any unflattering pics...you are an absolutely gorgeous person! Are you really going on a cruise? You are lucky!!!