Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hey Mom - look what I did!

Every summer growing up my mom would take my sisters and I to a craft or fabric store with the assignment to pick out a project that we would work on while we were out of school.

I picked a lot of projects, I started a lot projects, and now my mom has a box full of unfinished projects sitting her in basement.

This winter I decided it was time I finally saw a project through to the end - I made a baby blanket for one of my closest friends expecting a son in a few weeks.




There may be more than a few uneven stitches in it, and I spent a lot of time with the seam ripper, but hey - it's finished!

5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Looks great! Congratulations on finishing a project :) I have several that need finishing if you want to help me out :)

Becca Bell said...

It turned out really cute!!! Good job. I can't sew straight either and I'm also very greatful for my seam ripper.

Momma G said...

I think it looks great also. Now how about a "go" at those other projects still in the basement.

Kenny and Janelle said...

That looks terrific, Shaina...I wish I could do something like that!

The Nielsen's said...

Give me a week and I'll send you a pic of your present wrapped around it's recipient! LOVE YOU!