Sunday, April 19, 2009

Shopping Spree

I usually don't like to go shopping for myself, and I usually don't write mushy things about how wonderful Mike is on my blog.
But this weekend is an exception.

I thought I was going to a girls lunch out on Saturday. Really, that was just part of the plan to get me out of the house. As we were all leaving, I found out that Mike had arranged for the girls to "kidnap" me with specific instructions on how we were to spend our afternoon: shopping.

We all had envelopes of cash (provided by a work bonus, so not anything I was planning on) and had to spend our entire amount spoiling ourselves at the Park City outlets that day.

Mike had planned it well. There was no way I could get out of being practical with the money. My only option was to shut up and shop. So I did.

With a spending budget and a staff of personal fashion experts (my sisters) I actually had a great time shopping.

I love Mike for thinking of me and treating me to a worry-free self-indulgent day. He is such an awesome husband!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

That is awesome! How sweet!

Kevin said...

Wow, that's a great idea, Mike! It's nice to have a worry-free spending day. Nice to take a break out of the necessary (and smart) routine of budgeting & frugality.

The Hubler Fam! said...

*sigh. Sounds lovely!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Wait a minute! I wan't a worry free spending day!... and curly fries. Maybe thats what I'll ask for for my birthday :) I might just end up with the curly fries though.

Elise Groves said...

and boy does she look good.... I also appriciate the new dress and purse.:) I have a cool brother in law.

Tina Swift said...

Man, that sounds like so much fun! And we had a lot of fun hanging out with him for the night the other month. I'm so glad you didn't have to spend the night alone in the hotel, Mike! Hope our place was a little better alternative. The Ritz it's not, but the couch is sleepable!