Monday, March 9, 2009

What are the Odds?

Mike and I took a short trip to the fabulous city of Las Vegas this weekend. While I am not ready to be regular bookie yet, I did learn a few things about numbers, chance, and luck while there.

2 for 1 - the deal we got on our hotel and all of our food since Mike was officially there on business.

10 to 6 - the ratio of advertisements for call girls and burlesque shows to advertisements for the Donny and Marie Osmond show. I never would have guessed I'd be seeing so much Donny and Marie in that city.

100 to 3 - people per square foot on "the strip" compared to "old downtown Vegas."

0 to 1 - the chance that we will ever buy the kind of car we rented, a Chevy HHR.

1,000 to 20 - the cash some people carelessly drop versus what we so tightly budgeted for as "fun" money.

1 to 3 - the chance of being asked to show ID when sitting down at any betting table.(or maybe we just look that old?)

1,000,000,000 to 1 - the odds of Mike convincing me to put all of our life savings on the roulette table.

1 comments:

Elise Groves said...

so your saying there's a CHANCE!