Friday, November 14, 2008

Freebies!

I don't know about anyone else, but I love FREE stuff. Even little FREE stuff like the samples you can get at walmart.com or when companies give you FREE pens or sticky notes. I don't even mind used FREE stuff like a skirt from my sister or a sweater from my aunt because they just don't want it anymore. But I especially like NICE FREE stuff.
Like last night when Mike's work sent him an email saying that the crowd was looking pretty small for dinner at this 2 day conference they've been putting on for some clients. So they said he could bring his wife to help fill in seats. Of course we went - FREE dinner. It was at the Snowbird Ski Resort and they served fancy stuff like "tomato bisque","seared salmon","roasted butternut squash", and my favorite, chocolate torte and cheesecake.We even got to stick around and watch the stand up comedian they had hired, Johnny Bee, for FREE. We found out that one of the guests had checked out a night early and Mike's work still had to pay for a room that no one was going to stay in. So guess what, we got to stay overnight at the resort for FREE and when we got to our room there was a FREE Box of chocolate truffles.

What's this "economic downturn" everyone is talking about?

7 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

This would be the moment when my Mom smiles and says, "tithing blessing!" and we would roll our eyes :)

I'm glad you had fun. Next time give us a call, we'll leave the girls with Becca and Mike and join you :)

Bethany said...

Awesome! I'm all about the free stuff. Pretty sweet you ended up getting a free room! My freebies never add up to that much (though the free Sonicare sanitizer thing came close).

Joel said...

Did you bring us any FREE things back???

Scott and Carynn said...

WALMART.COM gives free samples?! I am so there.

Kevin said...

I live for free stuff. And you certainly had quite the load of freebies.

Tina Swift said...

That sounds so sweet! The worst for me is free food. I'll just have eaten, but if I go somewhere with food, I can always find room, if it's FREE! (And I wonder why I've been climbing up the scale as years go by...)
I miss you, my cousin! We'll have to come visit sometime soon. :-)

Momma G said...

Does the love of Free stuff include free advice? Cuz I have alot of that!