Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spittin' Image

(Monday morning)

Coworker: Shaina, I have to tell you what happened this weekend.
Shaina: Oh really, what?
Coworker: Well my stake got reorganized, and since I'm a branch president in the stake I got to go to a special meeting with the General Authorities who were doing the reorganizing.
Shaina: Wow, that's great.
Coworker: So I walk into the room and it's Elder Nelson of the 12 and Elder LeGrand Curtis of the 70. They both stand up to shake my hand and smile as I meet them. Well, the instant Elder Curtis smiled at me, the first thing I thought was "wow, he reminds me so much of Mike Burgoyne." Wierd huh?



You're telling me. Should I be worried that a an old man reminds him of my husband? Or complimented that he thinks my husband has a GA smile?



Elder LeGrand Curtis, Jr. of the 5th Quorum of the Seventy

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Thats funny I've always thought Mike looked like and old man... :)

princessvelma said...

Can I ask who the coworker was?? That's my stake- I was just wondering if know him. And Elder Curtis is Kevin's cousin's father-in-law and is an incredible man...so I'd take it as a compliment!

Arica

Becca Bell said...

Uh....I don't think that guy looks like Mike at all, except that Mike is also a white guy with brown hair.