Saturday, January 26, 2008

The case of the missing wedding pictures

When she first discovered the injustice of the missing wedding photos, she knew she wouldn't be able to rest until there was restitution. She knew the key to solving this was Mr. Barney, the elusive owner of Simply Photography.
She could only start with the few leads she had and try to build from there. Things weren't easy. Websites were out of order, phone lines were dead. And any government agency was protecting themselves with a "please allow 60 days for a response" clause. 60 days was out of the question.
She thought she had finally got a break when she got a hold of a new list of phone numbers and addresses from a contact at the local news channel's investigative team (Thanks Gephardt). But the information wasn't all positive. Simply Photography had filed bankruptcy in September. Even if she did contact them, there a was a chance that they would no longer have any of the files that contained the missing pictures.
Things were starting to look bad. There was still no response to any of the phone calls, a visit to the office where Mr. Barney was supposedly employed was a waste as he hadn't been seen there in 4 months. She was getting discouraged, but not ready to give up yet. Her last resort was to visit the Barney's home address and confront them face to face.
The morning before she was going to make her visit, she got an email from the Barneys. One of the government agencies she had filed with came through. A cd with the wedding pictures would be in the mail that afternoon.
The Burgoyne's got the cd a few days later, and to their joy and relief, this time it had the right pictures.



Another case closed, another happy ending.

6 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so excited and relieved for you. Always nice to avoid a face to face confrontation (I would have smacked him).

Becca Bell said...

I wouldn't have smacked them, because I don't have the guts. BUT, I would have day dreamed about it over and over again. I read somewhere that it's healthy to day dream about getting revenge on someone. I'll have to find the article again and let you know what the benefits are. Althought, I'm sure I'd do it even if there weren't any benefits!

Kevin said...

I wouldn't have smacked him either - but maybe I would've kicked him in the shins. That would teach him a lesson.

Funny thing you bring it up that Simply Photography filed for bankruptcy, because I had just come across their records at work... Way to use all of your resources and come out on top in the end!

Now I think you're obligated to post more than one wedding picture...

Joel said...

Boo-yeah!!!! Way to go, gumshoes!!

Did you really get Gephart? I want details when we have our bi-monthly party!

Shannon Martino said...

I agree with Kevin - one picture?!?

Hooray on getting them! yeah!!!!

(the one picture you did post, by the way, is ADOARBLE!)

Shannon Martino said...

uh, I mean "adorable." I hate typos