Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An Inspiration

So I've been watching a lot of the Olympic Games. I mean many, many hours each day. Too much? Maybe, except that watching the athletes has kind of inspired me. So I decided today I was going to go all Michael Phelphs and swim laps in our apartment pool - just for the fun of it. (I even learned how to do the different strokes from the Internet. Yeah, I'm that bad).

I had previously checked that there was no one else around to watch me. I'm not ready for judges yet. So, I get all ready and head to the pool. When I get to the pool, however, I can't get in. It's locked for cleaning!

That's twice this summer that they closed the pool, but I didn't find out until I was already at the gate.

Don't these people know how much effort it takes for a woman to put on a swimsuit and go out in public wearing it? The mental strength! The emotional stability! The shaving!


I deserve a gold medal just for making it to the gate!

I might have some Gold Meadow Mint Chocolate in the freezer.... that's close enough for me!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I can appreciate your frustration. A couple weeks ago we all got ready for the pool (I really didn't want to go but felt guilty so I went) and when wegot there it was closed for cleaning. We had to carry the girls home in tears. The only way we could get Madelynne from sobbing was buy letting the girls "swim" with their swimsuits in the tub :)

The next day I called the office and told them from know on to let us know about scheduled maintainance (sp?)or I was going to bring my girls to the office and let them scream at the front desk. OK, I really didn't say that last part :)

By the way I made the mistake of telling Hannah you guys were coming to visit now ten time a day she says "what about Mike and Shaina?!"

Sarah said...

Going to work right after you get back from vacation is so over-rated!

Joel said...

It better not be closed for cleaning when we come down!

Kaylee's graduated from her swimming class and I haven't been in a pool all summer!