Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baby Hogs



Both of my sisters-in-law are expecting babies this year. I also have cousins on both sides of my family that are pregnant. Of the 15 "friends" with blog links listed on this page, 8 of them have either had a baby in the past year, or will have one before the end of the year. And then I got an email from a old co-worker this morning announcing to our office that she's expecting her 2nd child.
Ok, so what, right? I mean it makes sense that most people around my age are in the child-bearing stage of their life. And I am happy for them and their little bundles.
But Mike and I were talking this morning about how we're living in the last days. Who knows how much longer this world is even going to exist.
What if they are sending down the last shift of the entire human population right now? What if they run out of babies to send down before we're ready to have one?

So to all my reproducing friends out there I say:
Dudes, save some for the rest of us, ok?

4 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I don't think you have anything to worry about :) Plus you can always feel free to come to Colorado and take mine of my hands :) Today would be great :)

The Hubler Fam! said...

It's the season of your life Shaina. Do you remember when you were in your first 2 years of college and it seemed everyone you knew was getting engaged? Then when you got married, you and all your "newly-married but no kids" friends would hang out? Then....everyone starts announcing they are having their first baby? It comes in WAVES. Eventually you and your friends will be getting together just so the kids can have play-groups.
Don't worry, there will be enough little ones left for you. But don't wait too long....or you'll end up with the awnry ones! LOL!

Becca Bell said...

It's a good thing you blogged because I was going to leave a mean comment about how March was SEVERAL weeks ago and it's April now. And, I agree with Sarah. Take mine from me sometimes. Why have your own when you can just borrow someone else's for a little while and then give them back?

Sarah said...

If I lived closer, you could totally have mine. Well, not this one - maybe the next. We've decided that since Brighton has been such an easy and happy baby that our next will be a rotten, ornery, child from hell!! So, I'll reserve that one for you, sound good?